10 Things you need to know about Eezee Conceptz New Signee: Chidinma Ekile
A renowned sensational award winning secular singer, Chidinma was announced as the new signee by Eezee Tee under the record label which houses Mercy Chinwo, Judikay and GUC, Eezee Conceptz.
This news was received with so much joy by the Christian community as she was believed to be one of the most influential female artistes ever produced by the country. The singer who has over 7 Million Instagram followers also stamped her stay in the gospel music industry as she dropped a new single under the label titled “Jehovah Overdo” Miss Kedike as fondly called started music in church since she was at a tender age and it is not much a surprise that she is going back to where she started from. Here are ten things you should know about Mummy G.O.
Chidinma ekile Biography
1. Chidinma Ekile was born in Ketu, Kosofe, Lagos State to parents originating from the south-eastern part of Nigeria, Imo State. She is the sixth of seven children.
2. Chidinma started singing at the age of 6 but was allowed to join the church choir by her disciplinarian dad at the age of 10 where she wowed the congregation with her voice at a tender age.
3. She attended Primary and Secondary school in Ketu before relocating to Ikorodu with her parents.
4. In 2010, she rose to stardom after winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa. She contested with over 8,000 contestants and emerged the winner among the final 17. She was rewarded with ₦2.5 million, a 2011 Toyota RAV4, and a one-year production deal.
5. Chidinma was signed to veteran music director, Clarence Peters and rapper Ill Bliss managed record label, Capital Hills Records in 2011 and spent seven years with the label until in 2018 when there was a disagreement in the sharing formula between the two parties. While Chdinma said she had to leave because the contract wasn’t favorable for her, co-founder Ill Bliss according to another report on Punch NG, said the label had to release her because her contract expired.
6. One of Chidinma’s most recent hits as a secular artiste is “Fallen In Love” which was released in 2017. It’s video currently has 86 million views on YouTube.
7. Chidinma has performed at several concerts and made headlines of numerous shows including the MTN Power of 10 Concerts, a ten-city tour that celebrated MTN Nigeria’s ten-year anniversary; 2013 Hennessy Artistry Club Tour headlined by D’banj, Guinness World of More Concert, Butterscotch Evening Experience, a concert held at the Eko Hotels and Suites, MTN Valentine Rave Party, and many others. 8. Chidinma has won several awards including the Best Female West African Act at the 2012 Kora Awards and performed “Kedike” at the ceremony.
9. Following the release of the music video for her “Emi Ni Baller” single, she became the first female musician to peak at number 1 on the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 chart.
10. Chidinma has numerous chart topping singles as a secular artiste including Kedike, Emi Ni Baller, Run Dia Mouth, Oh Baby, Jankoliko, and many others Others: · Chidinma confirmed in an interview that she was born blind but regained her sight after 16 days. · She has had several controversies in the past which includes the release of an alleged sex tape of her which was denied by her. There was also a controversy about her hair color in 2011 with many suggesting that she has turned bad but Chidinma dismissed this rumor by saying she is still the same person. · Chidinma was about to write her post UTME into the higher institution when she went for the auditioning of the MTN Project Fame. She later studied Sociology from the University of Lagos. · She was part of Tim Godfrey’s Xtreme Crew that worked with him during the Fearless Concert in 2019. She also worked with producer Frank Edwards in her song Holy. · Chdinma was a MTN Brand Ambassador in 2013. · She owns a NGO which was named after her mom, Martha named MMA Foundation which caters for the visually impaired and help them achieve some their goals · She was announced on May 2 nd 2021 as the artiste to flag the Eezee Conceptz label as she announced on her social media page that she will now be a gospel artiste