Open Heaven For Teens 2 December 2021: The Best Armour
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
TOPIC: The Best Armour [Open Heaven for Teens 2 December 2021]
MEMORISE: Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11
READ: 1 Samuel 17:37-40
- David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
- And Saul armed David with his armor, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.
- And David girded his sword upon his armor, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.
- And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd’s bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 47-48, 1 John 1:1-10
An adage says: Its what a bird eats that enables it fly high. As a child of God, its what you feed on that will determine how high you fly. This implies that your level of preparedness will determine your level of victory. David was a young shepherd boy who moved around with his sling and stones. He became so attached and daily used them till they became weapons with which he killed both a lion and bear. No wonder he defeated Goliath using them. King Saul had earlier proposed a different armour which looked sophisticated and perfect to human eyes but David refused saying, I cannot go with these, for I have not proved them.” (1 Samuel 17:39).
Life is a constant battle, some people win while some others lose because of their choice of armour. In our case, Jesus is the surest weapon against the enemy. Are you or a family member passing through a difficult time and someone is suggesting that you or your parent consult a witch doctor or use other means? They are only fooling you. You cannot fight Satan using his methods. Revelation 12:11 says and they overcame him by the blood of Jesus. This armour can never fail you.
Accept Jesus into your life and invite Him to fight all your battles for you
HYMN: IN CHRIST ALONE
- In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone; this solid ground;
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm;
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ
- In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live.
- There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
- No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.