Open Heaven 19 January 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Let There Be Light III
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
Open Heaven 19 January 2022 TOPIC: Let There Be Light III
MEMORISE: For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. – 2 Corinthians 8:9.
READ: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10 (KJV)
9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 5-8
Open Heaven 19 January 2022 MESSAGE:
“Let there be light” could mean “Let the darkness of poverty disappear” so that pure wealth from God may appear – the type that does not bring sorrow along with it. The Almighty God is the Master Strategist, the Architect-in-Charge of the universe and the Greatest Builder of all time. Before the universe was put together, God planned it. No one is in this world by accident. He did not create man until all that he needed for his living was put in place. The earth was filled with the darkness of poverty, but God fixed it before creating man. I pray the Almighty God will deal with the darkness of poverty in your life, in Jesus’ name. The Almighty God told the children of Israel:
“But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.” – Deuteronomy 8:18
Also Read: Open Heaven 18 January 2022 – Let There Be Light II
The members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in particular have a covenant of pure wealth with God through our Father-in-the-Lord, the founder of RCCG. This is why we do not need to go the worldly way to get wealth. Wealth is our trademark because we need it to carry out our mandate of world evangelization and missions. The good news is that every child of God can partake in this covenant of prosperity through faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, according to today’s memory verse.
In today’s text we read of a man who realized that poverty is a form of darkness and thus decided not to condone it any longer. He thus prayed against it. This man was Jabez. The lesson all children of God must learn here is that poverty is not a Christian virtue and so it should be abhorred with a passion. As a matter of fact, poverty is in direct opposition to our relationship with God who says the cattle on a thousand hills belong to Him (Psalm 50:10).
May the light of the Almighty God shine upon you today and cause every form of the darkness of poverty to forever flee, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 19 January 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, whatever beautiful plans You have for my life that the enemies have distorted through the power of darkness, please restore in Jesus name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 19 January 2022 HYMN 12: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 9: WEDNESDAY 19TH OF JANUARY, 2022
TOPIC: PRAYER OF MERCY FOR THE CHURCH
BIBLE TEXT: MATTHEW 28:18-20; LUKE 10:2.
The desire of the Almighty God is for the Church to go out and preach Jesus Christ to the unbelievers in order for them to come to repentance. As we cry for mercy, the Almighty God will forgive the Church where ever we have disobeyed in Jesus name.
- Father, thank you for your grace and mercy that your Church enjoy everyday in Jesus name. Lam 3:22.
- Father, thank you for redeeming your Church from the hand of the enemies in Jesus name. Psalm 107:1-2.
- Father, thank you for the early revival of the Church that brought about explosive kingdom growth on earth in Jesus name. Acts 2:47.
- Father, thank you for using your Church to reach out to many unsaved souls in many nations of the world in Jesus name. Mat 28:18-20.
- Father, have mercy upon your Church and wake us up from sleeping and slumbering in Jesus name. Isa. 56:10.
- Father, have mercy upon your Church and renew a right spirit within us in Jesus name. Psa 51:10.
- Father, have mercy upon your Church and do not cast your Church away from your presence in Jesus name. Psa 51:11
- Father, have mercy upon your Church and let the power of the holy ghost manifest like in the days of old in Jesus name. Acts 23:6-7.
- Father, have mercy upon your Church and let the blood of Jesus Christ speak mercy for your Church in Jesus name. Heb 12:24.
- Father, have mercy and rekindle your fire of deliverance upon your Church in Jesus name. Oba 1:17.
- Father, have mercy, renew and refresh your Church so that your Church can run away from carnality in the discharge of responsibility in Jesus
name. Eze 36:27-28.
- Father, have mercy and uproot every ungodly power that has penetrated to the position of authority in your Church in Jesus name. Matt 7:15.
- Father, have mercy and release upon your Church the spirit of wisdom and revelation and knowledge that we need to move the Church forward in Jesus name. Eph 1:17.
- Father, have mercy and send helpers of destiny to your Church in Jesus name. Ezr 7:6.
- Father, have mercy and raise end time ministers that will fulfil your mandate in Jesus name. Joel 2:28.
Open Heavens 2022 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus’ name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to [email protected], +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.