Open Heaven For Teens 27 January 2022: Imbibe Etiquette
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
TOPIC: Imbibe Etiquette [Open Heaven for Teens 27 January 2022]
MEMORISE: Let all things be done decently and in order. 1 Corinthians 14:40
READ: 1 Corinthians 15:33
33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 19:1-15; Exodus 13-15
Many teenagers lack basic social etiquette – not because they were not taught, but rather that they want to look cool to people, Unknown to such persons however, is that lack of social etiquette gives people a bad impression about one. Besides, children of God ought to be polite always, so, imbibing good manners will portray you as God’s child and also earn you other people’s admiration. Here are some basic manners you should imbibe:
- Don’t text, use social media or answer calls, while speaking with someone. If however, you have to receive a call, politely excuse yourself.
- Say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ often.
- Apologize when you do something wrong.
- Ask permission before taking what isn’t yours.
- Wait your turn to speak in a conversation, don’t interrupt.
- When someone gives you his/her phone to check something, don’t scroll to the left or right, you never know what’s next.
- Always open the door for the next person after you, whether male or female.
- Cough into your elbow and cover your mouth when you sneeze.
- When sitting next to someone, do not look into the person’s phone or book, mind your business.
- Always leave the restroom in a good condition after use. Flush and if it’s not clean, use the brush to clean the bowl before you leave the restroom.
As you grow into becoming a responsible adult, it’s important for you to learn how to communicate, interact and respond to others in a polite and kind manner.
Good manners eliminate friction in our relationship with others.
HYMN: Now Thank We All Our God
- Now thank we all our God,
With hearts, and hands and voices
Who wondrous things hath done,
In whom His world rejoices;
Who, from our mothers’ arms,
Hath bless’d us on our way
With countless gifts of love
And still is ours to-day.
- O may this bounteous God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever-joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us,
And keep us in his grace
And guide us when perplexed,
And free us from all ills
In this world and the next
- All praise and thanks to God
The father now be given,
The son and Him who reigns
With Them in highest heaven
The one, Eternal God,
Whom earth and heaven adore;
For thus it was, is now
And shall be evermore.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.